[uf-discuss] haudio contributor

Manu Sporny msporny at digitalbazaar.com
Mon Feb 4 11:21:52 PST 2008

Alf Eaton wrote:
> It would work, but so would a number of very complicated things. My
> needs are essentially very simple:

> so

> class="album">Screamadelica</span>

Why doesn't the following work for you, then?

Per the hAudio spec, you have just marked up an album called
"Screamadelica", whose primary contributor (the artist) is "Primal Scream".

The example above is valid hAudio markup - is your issue with the word
"contributor" instead of "creator"?

> If there really "weren't enough examples that clearly listed anybody
> other than the creator", doesn't that make things easier?

Sorry, that was badly worded on my part. What I meant to express was:

There weren't enough examples that clearly showed that people were using
the word "artist", "label", not mentioning the role, or using
"publisher" more than the others. It was a mixed bag and what we saw at
the end was the chance to support all of these by using "contributor" in
the simple cases and contributor + hCard role in the complex cases.

None of this seems to be an issue with what you're trying to mark up,
though. If it is still an issue, could you please post some other data
that you're attempting to markup where the hAudio spec doesn't let you
mark it up in the way that you want to?

-- manu