[uf-discuss] haudio contributor

Andy Mabbett andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk
Mon Feb 4 14:35:40 PST 2008

In message <47A73D8E.30406 at digitalbazaar.com>, Manu Sporny
<msporny at digitalbazaar.com> writes

>If you really want to make the distinction between a publisher, a
>drummer, a singer, a technician, and someone else, you can always use
>an hCard and utilize the "role" property

That presumes that the roles are exposed in the page; they may be if or,
say a producer, but often using the verb ("produced by..."), and
frequently are not, We don't need to say that Beethoven is a composer,
when saying "Beethoven's fifth". That's clear to a human (well, mist
humans of any western education!) from context; but not to a machine.

Before anyone cries "hidden metadata", how often to we explicitly say
that "Mabbett" is my family name?, or that "21 High street" is a street
address?

--
Andy Mabbett