[uf-discuss] haudio contributor

Andy Mabbett andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk
Tue Feb 5 07:54:54 PST 2008

In message <200802051456.m15EueN69142 at proxy.syd.comcen.com.au>, Michael
MD <mdagn at spraci.com> writes

>>Why doesn't the following work for you, then?

>That may be fine for someone who just wants to mark up some tracks they
>like on a personal blog ... but an artist or record store may want to
>be able to say who composed it, who performed it, who did studio
>production, who remixed it, who a guest instumentalist was, what label
>released it, and maybe even who distibutes it and want to be able to
>distinguish between them.

Not merely "may want to"; they do - see the Naxos examples I posted to
the wiki in the last 24 hours, plus discography sites like:

    <http://www.pf-roio.de/roio/roio-cd/british_winter_74.cd.html>

    <http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/PFArchives/DUKCDLP.htm>

    <http://www.discogs.com/>

      <http://www.discogs.com/search?type=all&q=meddle&btn=Search>

not to mention Wikipedia:

    <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meddle>

Some of us radicals also think it's a good idea to use hCard...

--
Andy Mabbett