[uf-discuss] haudio contributor

Andy Mabbett andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk
Wed Feb 6 12:11:14 PST 2008

In message <47A9A054.80107 at sanchothefat.com>, Robert O'Rourke
<rob at sanchothefat.com> writes

> would you say 'performer', 'creator' and 'composer' are roles and not
>different to being a contributor?

They are all contributors, but they are sub-sets of the set of
contributors (and hence are more granular).

>It would be useful to have a more blanket term for instances where one
>person has multiple roles of that kind.

Why would it?

How is:

        <foo class="contributor">Bob Dylan</foo>

more useful than:

        <foo class="composer performer">Bob Dylan</foo>

The only time I can see the former class name being more useful is where
the finer granularity is unknown or unavailable.

--
Andy Mabbett