[uf-discuss] Re: Auto Discovery of XFN

Toby A Inkster mail at tobyinkster.co.uk
Fri Feb 8 03:30:51 PST 2008

Robert Mark White wrote:

> The link below is the link I use for my vCard/hCard. <link rel="media"
> type="text/directory" title="vCard" href="http://example.com/vcard.html"
> />

I'm not sure where you've found rel="media". I don't know of any
specification that recommends it. One or more of the following seem more
appropriate:

	* rel="me" (from XFN)
	* rel="contact" (from HTML5 drafts)
	* rel="author" (from HTML5 drafts)
	* rel="DC.creator" (using Dublin Core + RFC 2731)
	* rev="made" (commonly used)

These can be combined, e.g.:

	<link	rel="contact me DC.creator author"
		rev="made"
		type="text/directory"
		title="vCard"
		href="http://example.com/vcard.html"
	/>

Personally, for linking to contact info, I just use:

	<link 	rel="DC.creator"
		rev="made"
		type="text/html"
		title="Toby Inkster"
		href="http://tobyinkster.co.uk/~tobyink/"

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
[OS: Linux 2.6.17.14-mm-desktop-9mdvsmp, up 9 days, 17:33.]

                       The Great IE8 Meta Tag Debacle
          http://tobyinkster.co.uk/blog/2008/02/06/ie-8-meta-tag/