[uf-discuss] Editor integration (was: NLP was Apple DataDetectors)

Michael MD mdagn at spraci.com
Mon Feb 11 06:08:23 PST 2008

> Do you or anyone know of any microformats integration work with TinyMCE
> or any insight into why it hasn't happened yet? Seems like there has
> been some talk about this on this list back in 2006.

I did have a go at something like this a couple of years ago but at the time
my javascript skills were not really up to it and I didn't really understand
the way plugins work in it.
.. but despite the messy code I had it partially working -

The idea was to have forms for creating hcalendar events and hcards and a
tails-like sidebar showing any vevents and hcards found in the document with
editing options.

It was way too slow to be of much use in the real world and there were other
problems that would need more thought so I ended up shelving it hoping that
some day I might think of a better way to do it.