[uf-discuss] rel='contact'

Andy Mabbett andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk
Mon Feb 18 06:05:53 PST 2008

On Mon, February 18, 2008 13:43, Toby A Inkster wrote:
> The XFN 1.1 meaning of rel="contact" conflicts with the proposed
> semantics of rel="contact" in HTML 5.
>
> XFN 1.1 <http://gmpg.org/xfn/11#contact>:
> | contact: Someone you know how to get in touch with. Often symmetric.
>

> HTML 5 <http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/#contact>:
> | contact: Gives a link to contact information for the current document.

Anecdotally; I see lots of pages with links marked "contact xxx", where
"xxx" is "us", "me" or the name of the organisation owning the page
concerned (Google finds about 3,590,000,000 for "contact us").

Per the "process", where is the evidence that people use(d; pre-XFN)
"contact" when linking to people who are their contacts (in the noun
sense)?

--
Andy Mabbett
** via webmail **