[uf-discuss] Microformats for Write APIs

gareth rushgrove gareth at morethanseven.net
Tue Feb 19 02:55:09 PST 2008

On 2/19/08, Philip Tellis <philip.tellis at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 18/02/2008, Michael MD <mdagn at spraci.com> wrote:
>
> > The problem is that comment spammers would love that too!
>
> spammers are going to find ways to get at their targets no matter what
> you do to stop them. The only good way to fight spam is through
> pattern and content analysis (including IP and ISP blacklisting).
>
> We shouldn't block all legitimate uses of an application just because
> it could (and very likely would) be misused by a few.

Yeah. It's the same argument for/against microformats in general.

What I'm thinking about is the case were you already are looking to
expose an API for people to use - and making it easier to use. In the
same way as hCard makes an email address that you already had on the
page easier to use.

Gareth Rushgrove
garethrushgrove.com
morethanseven.net