[uf-discuss] A further possible solution to the "abbr" accessibility issue

Paul Wilkins pmw57 at xtra.co.nz
Tue Jan 1 20:40:15 PST 2008

On Jan 2, 2008 10:51 AM, Dmitry Baranovskiy
<dmitry.baranovskiy at gmail.com> wrote:
> This probably was raised before, but I didn't find it. Why we can't
> put these values into class? It seems to me semantically correct:
> additional meaning. It is as easy to parse as title and it removes
> accessibility issue completely.

Because class should be used for distinguishing between types of elements.

When XHTML uses
the intention is to allow a further XML refinement to become
    <byline>by Paul Wilkins</byline>

There are other ways to hide information from people while still
allowing it to be accessible by machines.
For example:
<!-- uf:duration PT2M23S -->
--
Paul Wilkins