[uf-discuss] Multi-word tagging

jim at eatyourgreens.org.uk jim at eatyourgreens.org.uk
Thu Jan 3 04:57:28 PST 2008

There's often information in the full URL that allows you to place a tag in
context, so a clever enough bit of software should be able to figure out
that
http://flickr.com/photos/tags/stars/clusters/night-sky-longexposure/
is related to
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stars
but not to
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stars_%28UK_band%29
Slightly outside the boundaries of microformats tags, since they only use
the last portion of a URL.

I wrote something this morning that uses phrases, not single words, as
tags. Seems to work reasonably well with Operator. The URL is
http://www.nmm.ac.uk/rog/2008/01/will_an_asteroid_hit_mars_in_j.html
if you want to use it as an example or a test case.

Jim