[uf-discuss] Montreal CodeFest 2008: Microformats

Tantek Ç elik tantek at cs.stanford.edu
Fri Jan 4 15:29:18 PST 2008

On 1/4/08 2:50 PM, "David Janes" <davidjanes at blogmatrix.com> wrote:

> Jebus ... 14 hours notice. Would have loved to been there :-(
>
> Regards, etc...
>
> On 1/4/08, Evan Prodromou <evan at prodromou.name> wrote:
>> I don't know if it's come up before, but CodeFest 2008 in Montreal is
>> concentrating on µF's. Our previous CodeFest in 2007 concentrated on
>> OpenID, and we added support for the standard to 6 Open Source projects.
>> So, pretty likely we'll see some good code come out of this weekend.
>>
>> If you're interested in participating on-line or in person, see:
>>
>> http://wiki.facil.qc.ca/CodeFest2008
>>
>> -Evan

Evan this sounds very promising!

Is there some way to remotely participate?  Via IRC etc.?

I see that it's been added to the events page:

http://microformats.org/wiki/events

Could you create a separate page for it on the wiki and add in details,
perhaps even a list of which open source projects people are working on, so
that some of us could offer suggestions remotely?

I encourage you to ask the CodeFest 2008 participants to make liberal use of
the #microformat IRC channel as well.

Thanks!

Tantek