[uf-discuss] hCard: url and tel

ryan ryan at theryanking.com
Sat Jan 5 20:20:37 PST 2008

On Jan 5, 2008, at 7:34 PM, Katrina wrote:
> Gday,
>
> Q1. Is there a way to specify if a url is personal or work-related,
> in a similar style to telephone numbers?
>

> I want to specify a work-related telephone number, but I just want
> to label it 'Phone:'. The closest I can find to do this is the
> abbr, however, work is not an abbreviation of 'phone'.

Right, which means you're trying to add information that's not
already in the document. There's not a way to do this with
microformats because they're made to markup existing and visible
content.

> eg. <abbr class="type" title="work">Phone</abbr>
>
> Q2. Would it be possible to do something like this, instead?

@title is only used for abbr for many reasons. I think we have an FAQ
for it somewhere, but can't seem to find it right now.

-ryan