[uf-discuss] hCards for places

Jeremy Keith jeremy at adactio.com
Mon Jan 7 03:30:08 PST 2008

I'm very late responding to this but...

Andy wrote:
> the proposal to codify hCards for places by making the "fn" and the
> "extended-address" the same, though elegant, does not work in all
> cases.
>
> Consider an hCard for a City, "Birmingham, England": Birmingham may be
> the "fn" and the "locality", but it's not an "extended-address".
>
> Perhaps the rule should be that the hCard is for a place if the
> "fn" is
> on *any* address ("adr") child-component [1] (e.g. "fn locality" or
> "fn
> street-address")?

This strikes me as being pretty workable. I'm mentally kicking the
tyres and this seems like quite a robust solution.

I'd be interested to hear from Brian and/or Mike about how tricky
this might be to implement.

Effectively this would be creating a whole bunch of fn shorthands.
Right now we have:

fn org
fn nickname

With this solution we would also have: