[uf-discuss] hCard: url and tel

Guillaume Lebleu gl at brixlogic.com
Tue Jan 8 15:02:53 PST 2008

Andy Mabbett wrote:
> In message <4783D954.3030607 at brixlogic.com>, Guillaume Lebleu
> <gl at brixlogic.com> writes

>>> Today - and nearly every time I look at a contact page about someone
>>> who does voluntary work.
>
>> Can you point to an example that will help me understand your point?
>
> <http://www.westmidlandbirdclub.com/records/recorders.htm>

Ok. But I still don't understand why you say that in the case of
voluntary work, a single tel with an unspecified type cannot be assumed
to be of type 'work' if an org is present.

The vCard RFC recommends the use of "work" to indicate a telephone
number associated with a place of work.

The case above seems to qualify: voluntary work... is work and the place
of work is WMBC and the phone number provided is clearly associated with
WMBC. So it seems to me legitimate to assume that the tel provided are
of type 'work' even though it is not explicitly stated in the content.

I still don't get your point. Can you elaborate?

TIA,

Guillaume