[uf-discuss] Hcard - marking up sms short codes

Michael MD mdagn at spraci.com
Tue Jan 8 21:18:30 PST 2008

> Would you, for example, put down, "preferred from 0900-1700IST, except
> on weekends and between the 5th and 15th of May, unless you're signed
> up with plan foo on provider bar" as meta info for the number?

No,
but people might sometimes like to know if its a mobile or a landline (and
perhaps even which provider if it is relevant)...and what times a person
might be reachable on a given number...to help them choose which number is
best for them to call.

I'm not saying that everyone would have to provide all that extra
information, but some people might want to
(and giving this a little thought might avoid some of those situations where
people might try and cram information meant only for humans into fields that
might be read by a machine causing things to break)