[uf-discuss] Firefox 3 (was: Icons of MF wiki)

Alex Faaborg faaborg at mozilla.com
Thu Jan 10 10:03:07 PST 2008

> By "next release", do you mean 3.0.1 (or some such) or 4.0?

The next major release (point releases are primarily used for security
updates).  In general we try to do a release every 12 months, but
since 3 has turned into a longer cycle (starting to look like 16-17
months) and focused on a lot of backed changes, the next release may
potentially be a shorter cycle and be more about front end changes.
However, that plan hasn't been formalized yet.  Since we are
completely focused on 3 right now, we don't have an estimated schedule
of exactly when we would like to ship 4.0

-Alex