[uf-discuss] Firefox 3 (was: Icons of MF wiki)

Manu Sporny msporny at digitalbazaar.com
Fri Jan 11 07:03:06 PST 2008

Michael Smethurst wrote:
> On 11/1/08 10:31, "Alex Faaborg" <faaborg at mozilla.com> wrote:
>
>>> do you have any plans to support rdf-a in the
>>> interface? In 4.0, 5.0, 6.0?
>> We haven't decided yet, and I would love to hear people's opinions
>> both in favor of and against including RDFa support in a future
>> release of Firefox.

+1 for me. +1 for our company.

It would be a real shame if only one way of extracting semantics from a
web page were supported in Firefox. If Firefox is serious about the
semantic web, it would be nice to see support for all the methods of
expressing semantics on web pages.

Note the recent proposal on creating a unified representation for
semantic objects (uF, RDFa, eRDF):

http://microformats.org/discuss/mail/microformats-dev/2008-January/000410.html

This would make it much easier for Firefox to support semantics in
pages. It isn't technically difficult to support all of them, so I see
no reason not to do so.

-- manu