[uf-discuss] stats on well formed XHTML

Kevin Burton burton at tailrank.com
Thu Jan 17 16:05:25 PST 2008

> Not so. The Internet Archive knows the first time they've seen an URL,
> over the past ten years; they can also tell you when the content has
> significantly changed. Obviously, there is a bias towards pages (and
> sites) with higher traffic, but that seems reasonable if you're
> evaluating standard practices. ~ Derrick Pallas

Yes... but it would suffer from crawler priority bias.

If it was a low ranked page it might take a few month to get around to
crawling it.

Spinn3r would have better data here because we're real time....
Observing the URL and hAtom timestamp as I mentioned before would be
nice but would suffer from bias again.

Kevin

--
Founder/CEO Tailrank.com