[uf-discuss] hReview: Single Reviewable, Single Rating, Multiple Reviewers

flafortune flafortune at praizedmedia.com
Fri Jan 18 08:31:19 PST 2008

I have a situation that I can't seem to find a solution for
concerning hReviews:

I have one item to review with one overall rating:

----------------------------
		<h1><a href="#" class="fn org url">The reviewable item</a></h1>
	(...)
	(...)
----------------------------

But, I have multiple reviewers (in form of comments)

----------------------------
<ul class="reviewers">
	<li class="reviewer vcard">
		<abbr class="dtreviewed" title="20070418T2300-0700">(April 18, 2007)
</abbr>
			Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do
eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua.
	</li>
</ul>
----------------------------

Now, without repeating the reviewed item for each review (redundancy
is the ennemy), how do I go about implementing this concept?

In short:

- A single reviewable item
- A single rating (a server-side calculated average)
- Comments: The numeric rating results are derived from a completely
separate process they have nothing to do with the comments, but I
think the comments are definitely a form of review

I've seen that I could use the include pattern, but there's not much
support for this by current plugins and I'm with the crowd that says
"empty anchors are not semantic, and redundancy sucks"

Any thoughts would be appreciated on this, thank you all.

flafortune at praizedmedia.com