[uf-discuss] RE: A 7-day hold on discussing legal/process issues

Joe Andrieu joe at switchbook.com
Wed Jan 23 19:11:45 PST 2008

http://microformats.org/wiki?title=governance-issues&diff=0&oldid=19334
http://microformats.org/wiki/Category:public_domain_license#Point_of_Contact

> [3]
http://microformats.org/discuss/mail/microformats-discuss/2007-July/010318.h
tml

Rohit,

Apology accepted.

Although we have agreed to disagree on several relevant points, I appreciate
your professionalism and thoughtful consideration about how to resolve my
concerns about the language used in the 7-day ban. As you have clarified
your continued position that you would do it again, I'd like the record to
show my own position in our off-list conversations: Based on our admitted
prior emails and phone conversations, I, in fact, met the community
guidelines whose violation was the basis for the ban, and therefore, the ban
was inappropriate.

It has taken a while to work through the details of that disagreement, but
it is a testament to the priorities of the uF leadership to have done so
without distracting the working lists with a governance issue.

And with that, in the interest of avoiding a protracted debate on
governance, I hope we can learn from it and move on.

Best,

-j

--
Joe Andrieu