[uf-discuss] Dublin Core as a microformat

Manu Sporny msporny at digitalbazaar.com
Wed Jan 30 14:08:49 PST 2008

Andy Mabbett wrote:
> Note also that Dublin Core provides a range of pre-existing
> vocabularies, which might e re-usable (without the dc. prefix) where
> names are needed for classes in other microformats. For example, the DC
> type "sound" might be useful at the lowest level of hAudio

Not to mention hAudio could also use DC.title instead of FN... or
DC.creator/DC.contributor instead of CONTRIBUTOR, or DC.date instead of
PUBLISHED, and DC.description instead of DESCRIPTION.

I've never been happy with the choice of FN instead of TITLE in hAudio
(TITLE means "job title" in Microformats). This could offer a good
compromise if people are interested?

-- manu