[uf-discuss] Reviving hProduct
jmyers at visi.com
Mon Jul 7 09:11:11 PDT 2008
It seems like the hProduct microformat hasn't seen a lot
of revisions since it's initial brainstorming in 2006
(feel free to correct me on this if there are current
efforts taking place :-) ). I'm attempting to revise the
schema for use in an upcoming August / September project
release. I have taken the current brainstorming schema and
added on some new items. I would like to open this up to
discussion and move this format forward, and any
assistance the community would be able to provide would be
Unstyled HTML example:
The altered schema:
* version. optional. text.
* name. required.
* image. optional. IMG element or rel='image'. could
be further refined as image type ( thumb || full, photo ||
* description. optional. could be denoted as
'summary' or 'extended'.
* brand. text | hCard
* uri. optional. URI to product page, href could
* price. optional. could be further refined as
specific type (sale || regular || msrp || clearance ||
savings). should follow currency format.
* p-v. optional. opens up possibilities for custom
property-value pairs in more complex examples.
o property. required. property types could
- released - hCal event for date of release
- uid - unique id, item number as provided by
manufacturer or retailer
- others. possibly around product specs,
o value. required. (label may be implied)
* availability. optional.
* shipping. optional. shipping messaging.
* reviews. text | hReview
* buy. optional. purchase URL.
(e)jmyers at visi.com
More information about the microformats-discuss