[uf-discuss] Human and machine readable data format

Scott Reynen Scott at randomchaos.com
Mon Jul 14 10:05:28 PDT 2008

On [Jul 14], at [ Jul 14] 6:39 , Breton Slivka wrote:

> To someone with a different calendar, ISO8601 may make just
> as much sense as "July 1st, 2007." that is: very little.

I'm assuming by "different calendar," you mean non-Gregorian?  If so,
what are the use cases for non-Gregorian dates in hCalendar?  The use
cases for Gregorian calendars in hCalendar are well-established:
iCalendar uses Gregorian ISO 8601, so any iCalendar-supporting
applications can make use of these dates.  But I have no idea what the
use cases are for non-Gregorian dates   Are there many applications
that can use such dates?  The use cases are crucial for evaluating
whether hCalendar should support non-Gregorian dates, and if so, how
that should work.

Peace,
Scott