[uf-discuss] Human and machine readable data format

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Mon Jul 14 20:51:26 PDT 2008

On 14 Jul 2008 at 21:54, Toby A Inkster wrote:

> So there will be cases where people want to publish non-Gregorian
> dates, but for interoperability with iCalendar, they'll need to
> include a machine-readable Gregorian equivalent date.

Actually, not necessary.  The iCalendar spec [1] contains a property
CALSCALE that can be used to specify the "scale" of the calendar.
I'm not sure if any CALSCALE property values other than "GREGORIAN"
are defined, but that's the way to use alternate calendars.

Right now CALSCALE is not in the hCalendar property list [2] but it
could be...

--Bob.

[1] http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2445#section-4.7.1

[2] http://microformats.org/wiki/hcalendar#Property_List