[uf-discuss] The BBC case and HTML5 <time>

Henri Sivonen hsivonen at iki.fi
Sun Jun 29 04:58:51 PDT 2008

I looked at http://microformats.org/wiki/assistive-technology-abbr-results#Invalid_HTML4
  , and I found that HTML5 <time> isn't listed even as having been
considered and rejected.

HTML5 includes <time> pretty much exactly to make it unnecessary to
use the abbr design pattern for datetimes. Are there any plans to
upgrade the POSH principle to treat valid HTML5 as an acceptable basis
for microformats?

Also, I see that the datetime formats use the "T" separator. I think
the formats would be more human-readable with a space as the
separator. Finally, it seems that "Z" isn't allowed as the time zone
designator, even though it is less verbose than +00:00.

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen at iki.fi
http://hsivonen.iki.fi/