[uf-discuss] A (big) problem with XFN: identity of sourceandtarget not findable

Dan Brickley danbri at danbri.org
Fri Mar 21 03:34:24 PST 2008

On 21 Mar 2008, at 10:46, Glenn Jones wrote:

> Hi Roger
>
> If you interested in this area, the ufxtract parser I built directly
> uses the design patterns you have been talking about to extract
> portable
> social network date.
>
> It spiders sites following rel=me
> Parsers the xfn/hCard pattern
> Finds Representative hCard
>
> There is an API you can use http://lab.backnetwork.com/ufXtract-
> psn/. We
> have also created a demo web interface to show how the JSON can be
> used
> http://lab.backnetwork.com/ufXtract-psn/demo01.htm
>
> I wrote a small blog post "Making your social networking data
> portable"
> that may interest you. Also on my blog is the presentation I gave at
> Semantic Camp London which covers the more complex issues of
> extracting
> data from portable social networks. http://www.glennjones.net/

That was a really interesting talk :) Do you have any plans to
opensource the ufxtract parser code? Or is the test suite available?
Did you see http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/RDFa/testsuite/ and http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/RDFa/testsuite/xhtml1-testcases/
  for the RDFa testing framework?

cheers,

Dan