[uf-discuss] [ANN:] Hypertext Friend of a Friend (hFoaF)

Martin McEvoy info at weborganics.co.uk
Wed May 14 14:17:46 PDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-05-14 at 20:57 +0100, André Luís wrote:
> Ok just to clear it up, are you actually suggesting a new format? or
> are you suggesting a best-practice for publishers to implement these
> formats in such a way as to enable a more complete conversion to FOAF?

Im not sure yet there are more than a few people already publishing
this way so at the moment I would say that its just best practice or you
could say I am just recognising a design pattern in our own community.

A hFoaF format certainly looks desirable FoaF basically is just a
machine readable homepage so it would seem natural to want to embed FoaF
in html and make it represent an actual homepage too, last time I looked
according to ping the semantic web[1] there are around a million FoaF
documents out there so yes I think this should maybe be a format what do
you think?

[1] http://pingthesemanticweb.com/stats/namespaces.php

Thanks
Martin McEvoy