[uf-discuss] Next/Prev [was Rationale for providing hAtom instead of Atom/RSS feeds]

Zhang Zhen lunaticsunblog at gmail.com
Fri May 30 16:57:58 PDT 2008

2008/5/31 Toby A Inkster <mail at tobyinkster.co.uk>:

> Yes, the emphasis -- that rel=next/prev indicates relationships between
> *two* hAtom feeds.

> Indeed, but rel=next/prev should indicate the next and previous feeds, not a
> continuation of the current feed. This would be more in line with the
> current meaning of rel=next/prev which indicate the next and previous pages
> in a sequence -- not a continuation of the current resource intended to be
> rendered as a single page.

This is exactly what I want to say. They are two feeds but not
seperated. And it would be a bad idea if the parser render all the
related feeds on a single page, it'd be disturbing to render something
user CANNOT see on the page. Corresponding pagination would be better.

--
Zhang, Zhen
http://www.lunaticsun.com ( in Chinese only )