[uf-discuss] Lets talk about rev?

Tantek Celik tantek at cs.stanford.edu
Mon Nov 17 20:48:06 PST 2008

Martin:

>  they know how rev and rel works......

There has been no evidence shown to demonstrate this.

On the contrary, the overwhelming evidence (anecdotal and quantitative by the Google/Hixie markup study) has demonstrated the opposite: they don't know how rev works.

If you want to argue for use of rev in general and/or present evidence for it, I suggest doing so at a lower level, that is in the HTML5 community (since it is an HTML attribute you are asking for general use of), either on the whatwg list or the w3c public-html list.

Tantek