[uf-discuss] URL and Relative paths

Ben Ward lists at ben-ward.co.uk
Tue Sep 2 17:50:17 PDT 2008

Hi Karsten,

On 2 Sep 2008, at 17:23, Karsten Januszewski wrote:

> Hi - I'm a developer at Microsoft working on a project that involves
> parsing and consuming Microformats.  I've noticed quite a few
> implementations of hCards out in the wild that use the url property
> with a relative path instead of an absolute path.

This is completely valid. Publishers mark-up URLs just as they would
for any hyperlink in their page. Anything that's valid in the href
attribute is valid in hCard. It's very much the role of the parser to
handle URLs in all their applicable forms.

> I didn't see anything on the wiki about this...

There won't be anything specific on the wiki because there are no
restrictions over the existing usage in HTML.

Good luck!

Ben