[uf-discuss] URL and Relative paths

Tantek Celik tantek at cs.stanford.edu
Wed Sep 3 11:22:38 PDT 2008

Hi Karsten and welcome!

URL processing is described in hcard-parsing on the wiki which can be used for much/moist microformat parsing:

http://microformats.org/wiki/hcard-parsing#properties_of_type_URL_or_URI

In general, handle relative URLs per the language of the document. For HTML follow the HTML spec (e.g. BASE handling etc.) There is nothing bad/wrong/inappropriate/weird about relative URLs as long as the document language allows them.

Thanks,

Tantek