[uf-discuss] Indicate order of sub-properties

Toby A Inkster mail at tobyinkster.co.uk
Wed Sep 24 13:32:43 PDT 2008

In some cultures (e.g. China), full names are written in family-name
given-name order, whereas in others (e.g. Western Europe), given-name
family-name is used. So you might think it would be nice if we had a
way to indicate the order of properties within "n", but in actual
fact, we don't need it - "fn" provides us with the name with all its
parts in the correct order.

Similarly, "label" provides a fully-formatted address, with all its
components in the right order.

--
Toby A Inkster
<mailto:mail at tobyinkster.co.uk>