[uf-discuss] Changes to hListing proposal

Jay Myers jmyers at visi.com
Thu Apr 16 07:55:46 PDT 2009

Microformateers,

The continuing work of hProduct has brought a good deal of
discussion
around how separate microfromats can be combined to
provide more
concrete semantic solutions, particularly hProduct with
hListing.
Ideally, these and other microformats would be used in
combination to
provide details about the product and product listing (see
hproduct
recipes [1] for examples). Working through the hProduct
issues list
[2], it was suggested that hListing provide price and
transaction-related details. Unfortunately, the latest
draft proposal
of hListing was published in February 2006 -- with this in
mind, we are
recommending changes to the hListing proposal to better
define
transactional elements that would assist in matching up
buyers and
sellers, plus be used in tandem with other microformats
that help
describe products and services.

I have created a separate hlisting brainstorming page [3]
with a new
proposed schema, plus lists of what was added, removed and
changed. For
the purposes of discussion, I would request your comments
on the
hlisting issues page [4].

[1] http://microformats.org/wiki/hproduct-recipes

[2] http://microformats.org/wiki/hproduct-issues