[uf-discuss] hcalendar event formatting

Scott Reynen scott at randomchaos.com
Wed Aug 12 16:38:16 PDT 2009

On Aug 12, 2009, at 12:47 PM, Aaron wrote:

> We
> have a page that has all of the event information scattered
> throughout the
> page and was wondering if we used a single span or div ID to enclose
> each
> individual section would this information still be read as a single
> event?

As Chris said, the include pattern is the way to pull together content
scattered throughout a page.  To address your more specific question,
if I'm understanding you, you're talking about using the same ID
multiple times in the document?  That would be invalid HTML [1], which
is never recommended in microformats.

http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/struct/global.html#h-7.5.2
"This name must be unique in a document."

Peace,
Scott