[uf-discuss] Announcing Oomph2 -- An Update To The Mix Online Microformats Tools

Karsten Januszewski karstenj at microsoft.com
Tue Aug 25 13:40:10 PDT 2009

Greetings all --

We just released version 2 of Oomph: A Microformats Toolkit at http://www.visitmix.com/lab/oomph.  Oomph2 provides the following new features to our microformats toolkit:

     * Complete Implementation of the Value Class Pattern

     * Support for hMedia

     * ASP.NET Microformats Control

     * User Interface Enhancements

     * Bug Fixes and Code Refactoring

You can see a cross-browser example of it in action here:  http://visitmix.com/labs/oomph/2.0/client/style/firstrun.html.

In association with the release, there are two new articles about Microformats we've published by Emily Lewis and Jeremy Keith on our homepage at http://visitmix.com. Emily smartly explains why microformats matter to different audiences — including users, designers, and developers — in her piece. Jeremy provides an easy-to-understand, clear explanation of what the value class pattern means for microformats in his piece.

We are excited to get Oomph2 and these new articles out to the public and hope it helps to support the adoption and usage of microformats.

Regards,
Karsten Januszewski