[uf-discuss] outstanding hCard and hCalendar issues resolved (except dtend which needs your opinion!)

Tantek Çelik tantek at cs.stanford.edu
Thu Aug 27 00:26:31 PDT 2009

All outstanding hCard and hCalendar issues have been resolved (except
for dtend).

If over the past several years you raised an issue on the wiki
regarding hCard and/or hCalendar, or if you work on an hCard/hCalendar
implementation, please take a look at:

* http://microformats.org/wiki/hcard-issues-resolved
* http://microformats.org/wiki/hcalendar-issues-resolved

And review resolutions to see if you find anything you disagree with
or anything left unresolved.  Please make comments inline on issues
and issue resolutions on the wiki.

One issue in particular I want to draw your attention to:

I have chosen to keep the "dtend" inconsistency issue *open* because I
have changed my mind about what I think is the best resolution for it
(based on additional evidence collected this year), and very much want
authors and developers to review this issue, and add both their own
research/evidence and opinions towards the goal of making the best
decision for the community:

http://microformats.org/wiki/dtend-issue

I am incorporating the resolutions as follows:

* Minor, informative, and clarifying brainstorming and resolutions
will be applied to the existing hCard and hCalendar pages (often
informative examples and FAQs)

* Minor, normative changes and brainstorming that likely affect
implementations will be made to 1.0.1 versions of hCard and hCalendar
** e.g. requiring implementation of the value-class-pattern.

* Major changes and additions e.g. in brainstorming will be added to
version 1.1 *drafts* for hCard and hCalendar
** e.g. beginning incorporation of stable draft vCard 4.0 properties
into hCard 1.1
** I'll likely track and collect 1.1 additions first on respective
*-brainstorming pages before actually writing up v1.1 drafts.

Note that since hCard and hCalendar are or contain building blocks
used by nearly every other compound microformat, it is highly likely
that many of these resolutions and fixes will make their way into
iterations of most other microformats (such as hReview, hAtom,
hResume, etc.) thus if you're an editor of a microformat, you should
review the resolutions as well.

Thanks,

Tantek

--