[uf-discuss] Twitter implementation issues

Sarven Capadisli csarven at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 08:30:47 PST 2009

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 10:56 AM, Glenn Jones <glenn.jones at madgex.com> wrote:
> The guys at Twitter have done a great job of adding microformats to
> their site. Like everyone else in the developer world I love building
> twitter mash-ups, (the new hello world) but I like to use microformats
> as my API. Unfortunately there are one or two small issue with the
> Twitter implementation. So I have fired off a email to their support,
> but have no heard back yet. I thought I may be able to reach them
> through the list. May be you work for Twitter and known the right person
> to forward this to.
>
> Below I documented some problems and made some suggestions on how they
> could be easily fixed. They are just suggestions.

Hi Glenn,

I work on http://identi.ca the http://laconi.ca microblogging
software, available under the GNU Affero General Public Licence and
we're all ears for improving in any way we can. You can talk to us
either on this list or at
http://mail.laconi.ca/mailman/listinfo/laconica-dev

> I already have a couple of Twitter integrations demo's for this year's
> SXSWi Microformats panel, I would love to increase what I could show.

Perhaps you can use http://identi.ca as your demo case as we already
have the things you'd like to see. Is there anything we can do to help
you out?

Currently, we support the following:
* hCard
* XFN
* hAtom
* bunch of rels (tag, license, group, member, prev, next, in-reply-to, home...)

e.g., http://identi.ca/csarven

I'll take this as an opportunity to ask the microformats community for
their comments and suggestions to make http://identi.ca more
"microformats friendly".

Thanks,
-Sarven