[uf-discuss] Using YQL with Microformats

André Luís andr3.pt at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 06:15:55 PST 2009

I was gonna point out the same thing... it can't handle multiple hcards, yet. :)

You might want to enhance the logic that's dealing with the results of
the YQL query to include this steps:

1- if there's ONE hcard, use it.
2- if there's more than one:
   2.1 Is there any representative hcard?
http://microformats.org/wiki/representative-hcard
          - if there's ONE, use it.
          - "there can/should be only one", but.... if there's more,
show their names and ask the user to point out his/hers.
   2.2 If there isn't any representative hcard, show their names and
ask the user to point out his/hers.

Don't get me wrong, this is *very* cool. Specially since it delegates
to Yahoo! the weight of parsing the pages. I've been using Dmitry's
Optimus on my own server, but I might change my approach to use YQL
very soon. ;)

Good job George.

Cheers,
--