[uf-discuss] MediaWiki plugin

Ben Ward lists at ben-ward.co.uk
Thu Jan 8 14:52:45 PST 2009

Update on this:

We've added the ReCaptcha extension to our MediaWiki install, which
provides a visual and audio captcha to the sign up process, against
brute force password login attacks and a few other scenarios. It
should significantly raise the barrier of entry for spam bots.

Critically, it doesn't add anything to logging in or editing pages, so
your regular workflows should be unaffected.

Let me know if you have any problems,

Thanks,

Ben