[uf-discuss] Value-Excerption extension test

Ben Ward lists at ben-ward.co.uk
Mon Jan 19 18:13:15 PST 2009

Hi everyone,

It's been a little while since we last spoke about this, but I've been
hacking away the wiki for the past month trying to put together the
next stage of work on speccing the value-excerption-pattern.

I'm focused still on the ‘parsing titles out of empty elements’ to
handle internationalization of enumerations, and undesired machine-
data in dates and the like.

The test is documented in full here, complete with introduction,
sample tests, pattern documentation and so on. I’ve gone out of my
way to try and ensure this is the only wiki page you need to get up to
speed on this mark-up pattern, justification and parsing rules, and
the tests of course. I want it to be as accessible as possible to
everyone, rather than needing to cross-reference multiple pages:

   • http://microformats.org/wiki/value-excerption-value-title-test

If you think you can help out with a little bit of time to run some
tests, I for one would be tremendously grateful.

The wiki page also provides you links to the related brainstorm content.

Thanks,

Ben