[uf-discuss] Microformat inside Atom?

Toby A Inkster mail at tobyinkster.co.uk
Wed Jul 8 01:26:44 PDT 2009

On 8 Jul 2009, at 08:18, Álvaro Ortiz wrote:

> Our API is going to be Atom, but we have questions regarding how to
> include hReview in it; we didn't find anything in the Microformats
> wiki

The normal way would be to simply embed it into a <content
type="xhtml"> element. I don't think there are very many microformat
parsers that will read feeds and check content for microformats
though. The latest version of Swignition does, but it's not a
thoroughly tested feature.

As an alternative, you could consider using RSS 1.0 (instead of Atom)
which uses RDF for extensibility. This is because there's already a
review vocabulary for RDF which is fairly widely used, and strongly
influenced by the design of hReview.

An example - http://xml.pastebin.com/d6807e48a

--
Toby A Inkster