[uf-discuss] An invitation to sponsor microformatsDevCamp this weekend...

Rohit Khare khare at alumni.caltech.edu
Tue Jul 21 14:35:39 PDT 2009

Fellow microformateers --

I'm the 'sponsor wrangler' for the microformatsDevCamp coming up this
weekend at Automattic in SF; see http://tr.im/ufcp for all the great
news and details.

I'm writing to invite you and your colleagues to participate, and to
help spread the word to other Web developers. And, of course, to ask
if you could help us out by sponsoring!

It's a pretty informal camp, so microformats.org is not managing the
money directly; we're looking for companies or individuals to sponsor
meals by ordering directly for the 30-50 developers, designers,
authors, and publishers we expect to participate (bagels, pizza,
indian food, beer -- nothing too fancy). Some of our other
contributions are up to $400, but even $250 or so would be much
appreciated

While our snazzy commemorative T-shirts are already printed -- free
with any donation at the door ($20 suggested) -- we will be thanking
all of our sponsors profusely off-line and on-line. We'd be glad to
arrange signage, logos, and a few moments to chat with the attendees,
too.

If you think this would be of interest to you or one of your
colleagues, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at khare at alumni.caltech.edu
  or at (650) 714-5529.

Thanks,
  Rohit