[uf-discuss] mixing vocabularies

Tom Morris tom at tommorris.org
Sun Jun 28 15:11:07 PDT 2009

On Sun, Jun 28, 2009 at 22:38, Peter Mika<pmika at yahoo-inc.com> wrote:
> Hmmm.... what happened to designing for the 80/20 case? So why don't we have
> an ingredient class in FOAF?

Well, I'd use 'food ingredient' from OpenCyc:
http://sw.opencyc.org/concept/Mx4rvVjaKpwpEbGdrcN5Y29ycA

And foaf:maker to point to a foaf:Agent, foaf:Person,
foaf:Organisation or vCard.

Or maybe the product manufacturer predicate from OpenCyc:
http://sw.opencyc.org/concept/Mx4rvVkAz5wpEbGdrcN5Y29ycA

What might be more useful is 'available from' - for instance, to say
that you should be able to get some exotic foodstuff from a particular
market or a supermarket chain. I mean, a particular ingredient may be
stocked by, say, Whole Foods, but you needn't pick out a specific
store.

--
Tom Morris
http://tommorris.org/