[uf-discuss] mixing vocabularies

Tantek Çelik tantek at cs.stanford.edu
Mon Jun 29 15:58:18 PDT 2009

On Sun, Jun 28, 2009 at 2:38 PM, Peter Mika<pmika at yahoo-inc.com> wrote:
> Hmmm.... what happened to designing for the 80/20 case?

Indeed, that and other issues (see below)

> Dan Brickley wrote:
>>
>> On 27/6/09 01:40, Peter Mika wrote:
>>>
>>> Hmm... what could possibly be the purpose of an hCard inside an
>>> ingredient?
>>
>> how about contact details for suppliers and manufacturers of
>> rare or special ingredients? either for health reasons or for super-fancy
>> cookery?
>>
>> Dan

While it seems reasonable that someone might theoretically publish a
recipe which explicitly mentions a specific supplier or manufacturer
(for whatever reason), as provided above, this is a theoretical
example, and thus would benefit from citing one or more real world
examples per:

Please also feel free to document the theoretical example on the
hRecipe brainstorming page, and note explicitly that it is a
*theoretical example* so that it can be considered accordingly:

http://microformats.org/wiki/hrecipe-brainstorming

Tom Morris wrote:

>Well, I'd use ... [previous formats/vocabularies]

Please add previous formats or vocabularies that relate to a type of
content to the respective *-formats page, e.g. in this instance,
http://microformats.org/wiki/recipe-formats per

http://microformats.org/wiki/put-it-on-the-wiki#previous_formats_and_vocabularies

Thanks,

Tantek