[uf-discuss] Using geo and adr together?

Burcu Dogan burcu at keyprints.org
Sun Mar 22 08:25:12 PST 2009

>>> you are free to nest microformats within one another, as long as
the semantics make sense. You can also out an ADR inside a GEO, then
you are avoiding more of the polygon versus point debate. The address
is a more specific GEO point than just the City/State/Country.

Then, why dont adr have an optional geo field? OK, it is possible to geocode an
an existing address but wouldnt it provide a better interaction in the machine
world to embed the location info as coordinates as well. Since many of
the geocoders
stand on statistical methods, this may even be beneficial to take this
technology one step further.

Burcu,
http://blog.burcudogan.com

On Sun, Mar 22, 2009 at 3:18 PM, Dan Brickley <danbri at danbri.org> wrote:

>>> ...make sense given the base semantics of the microformats being used,
>>
>> --- i was referring to the semantics of the formats being combined.
>> Wrapping GEO around a recipe doesn't make much semantic sense to me
>> (maybe someone could argue a case for it).
>>
>>> ... or is it ok to have additional local markup hints linking the outer
>>> to the inner
>>> markup, even if generic parsers won't understand it?
>>
>> --- could you give an example of what you mean here?
>
> You just did :)
>
> Putting a geo around a recipe, if one wanted to say the recipe was typical
> of the locality...
>
> Dan

http://blog.burcudogan.com
AIM: brcdogan