[uf-discuss] Congrats to Kavi and team on their microformats implementation! Follow-up on examples

Tantek Çelik tantek at cs.stanford.edu
Wed May 13 17:40:44 PDT 2009

Kavi and team,

Well done with your implementation of microformats as part of Google's
new rich snippets feature in search results!

I encourage you to add an entry to the following wiki pages linking to
your implementation description page:

http://microformats.org/wiki/implementations
http://microformats.org/wiki/search-engines

And I also encourage anyone who has published hCard, hReview,
hCalendar, or hAtom (e.g. those of you that have added your sites to
the respective examples-in-wild pages [1] to submit their sites using
Google's form:

http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/request.py?contact_type=rich_snippets_feedback

I've also found microformats examples on the Google Webmasters forum
and wanted to bring them to the attention of the microformats
community:

http://google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?answer=146645
http://google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?answer=146646
http://google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?answer=146750
http://google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?answer=146861
http://google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?answer=146897

Kavi, if there are additional pages in the Webmasters forum that show
microformats examples, please feel free to reply and note them.

It may be useful to create a wiki page (perhaps linked from your
entries on the above-mentioned wiki pages) that links to all the
google.com microformats example pages.

I encourage everyone to take a look at the microformats examples on
the above google.com pages and provide feedback (either here, or
preferably on a wiki page) including any suggested markup
improvements.

Thanks!

Tantek

[1] Everyone who has added microformats to their pages should be sure
their site(s)/page(s) are listed in the respective examples in the
wild page on the wiki, e.g.:
http://microformats.org/wiki/hcard-examples-in-wild
http://microformats.org/wiki/hreview-examples-in-wild
http://microformats.org/wiki/hcalendar-examples-in-wild