H2VX.com is feature complete. was Re: [uf-discuss] Concerning the Technorati pipes

André Luís andr3.pt at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 03:16:05 PST 2009

On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 10:39 AM, Mark Norman Francis
<norm at cackhanded.net> wrote:
>> Norm, good point. Could you add this as an issue to:
>>
>> http://microformats.org/wiki/h2vx#issues
>>
>> and feel free to suggest ways to improve it (I'm thinking using :focus
>> might help, but figure you may have better suggestions).
>
> Added.
>
> Quick summary: the links are triggered by hover/focus on other elements that
> are not in the tabbing order, so the keyboard user can never discover them.
> I don't think adding :focus on the terms will solve this, as without making
> them into tabbable items (links, form elements) they still won't receive the
> focus in the first place.
>
> I don't have time to look into it further now (on holiday for two weeks
> starting tomorrow, last minute panicking going on :), but I can have a stab
> at refactoring this when I return if no-one else has.
>
> -- Norm.

Quick fix: remove "visibility:hidden" from .term .info
(They are not easily discoverable with the mouse anyways... If it has
something hidden, it should have some sort of hint)

Also, <i> should be made into <em>'s for semantic reasons. ;)

I added these two comments to the wiki page.
http://microformats.org/wiki/h2vx#issues

Tantek, kudos for setting this up. I'd also be interested in seeing
the installation notes. Just to measure the ammount of effort it
took... at work people frown upon using outside sources for this kind
of things, so I might have to setup a mirror of x2v.

Cheers,
--
André Luís