[uf-discuss] H2VX combines multiple fragment identifiers

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Mon Nov 16 09:37:06 PST 2009

Tantek Celik wrote:
> Bob, where/how are you seeing the get-cal.php URLs and using which browser?
>
> If your enter your URL to convert/subscribe in the first input box on http://h2vx.com/ics/ you should automatically see the direct link or HTML code autogenerated below it while you type.
>
> Tantek

I'm using Firefox 3.5.5 on Ubuntu 9.10

I gathered the URLs from Firefox as it was trying to download the .ics
file or the calendar subscription.  Only later did I use Firebug to
examine the HTTP headers and discovered that there's a re-direct to a
webcal:// URL.

I'm trying to provide a link directly on my web page that will interpret
the hCalendar on that page to provide an .ics file, or a calendar
subscription.  Applying DRY principles, I only update the prose and then
H2VX takes care of updating the .ics.

Scott Reynen wrote:
>> http://h2vx.com/ics/get-cal.php?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fexample.com%2F%23meeting1&subscribe=Subscribe
>>

> That URL has two parameters:
>
> uri : http://example.com/#meeting1 (as it will be unencoded)
> subscribe : Subscribe
>
> It looks like you want subscribe as part of the uri parameter, so you
> need to encode it.

The &subscribe=Subscribe is a parameter to h2vx.com/ics/get-cal.php ,
not to example.com/  so I've left it not URL-encoded.

I only just discovered with  Firebug that the  Subscribe button on
http://h2vx.com/ics/  returns "302 Moved Temporarily" with a location of

  |webcal://h2vx.com/ics/http://example.com/#meeting1

It does not appear to be URL-encoded.

Sorry for the delay in replying -- the urgency for this issue (for me)
has passed; at the meeting in question[1] our Township Council decided
to preserve the forest and not proceed with development.  Yay!

--Bob.

[1] http://sobac.com/pvgp/#councilmeeting2009-11-10