[uf-discuss] microformats.org hacked!

Tantek Çelik tantek at cs.stanford.edu
Mon Sep 7 09:43:56 PDT 2009

On Mon, Sep 7, 2009 at 4:32 AM, Toby Inkster<mail at tobyinkster.co.uk> wrote:
> Seems to have fallen victim to the current WordPress security problem.

Thanks for the heads-up Toby.

Ben Ward had already updated our WordPress install to 2.8.4 a couple
of days ago, so I'm not sure if the attack still got through, or if
what you were seeing were remnants of an attack before upgrade.

I've cleaned up the permalinks problem as discussed here:

http://www.journeyetc.com/uncategorized/wordpress-permalink-rss-problems/

and double-checked the list of users/admins for anything out of place.

If you see any other remaining signs of the current WordPress security
problem, please feel free to send specifics to me or Ben Ward.

Thanks,

Tantek