[uf-discuss] Fwd: Removing the FN magic in the vCard microdata vocabulary

Philip Jägenstedt philipj at opera.com
Mon Feb 1 01:51:24 PST 2010

Hi microformateers,

Please see the below forwarded question about removing the guessing of
names when exporting vCard. Since Hixie wants the microdata vCard
vocab/extraction to be compatible with microformats, I'm taking it to the
source...

In short, I think that guessing the names will create problems for
Vietnamese names (family-name given-name given-name), Chinese names (姓名
without space), transcribed Chinese names (family-name given-name) and
probably the Japanese and Korean names, for the same reasons.

Are there compatibility issues with not outputting an N line at all? If
there is, would there be any issues with simply outputting N:;;;; ?

The current algorithm is used on http://foolip.org/microdatajs/live/ for
reference.

--
Philip Jägenstedt